Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bella Vita Italian Restaurant - "The Good Life"

A few months ago my boss introduced me to a tiny little Italian joint in my county called, Bella Vita
http://bellavitaonline.com/. What a gem that has been hidden away from me!
Delicious food, inexpensive and the softest garlic rolls I've ever tried!

Earlier this week, I met my parents there for an impromptu lunch.  I always get the "House Pasta" which is rigatoni noodles tossed with chunks of meatballs and sausage, finished with meat sauce and baked under a blanket of mozzarella cheese.  I always get the dinner portion for $10.95 and take half of it home for dinner that night or lunch the next day!
 What a steal!
 Anything with thick red sauce and tons of cheese makes this girl extremely happy!


 
Accompanying the meal is a basket of "to-die-for" garlic cheese rolls that melt in your mouth.


 
I don't have pictures, unfortunately, but my office celebrated our Christmas luncheon at Bella Vita last year.  The chicken flat bread, calamari and bruschetta appetizers were all absolutely delicious.

Decent wine - nothing to really to go into depth about but any hole in the wall who appreciates J.Lohr from California enough to put it on their wine list (which is extremely short) is ok in my book. They sell the J.Lohr Cab Sav there for $8.50 a glass which is insane because you can buy an entire bottle at most grocery stores for under $14.

I've been there so often lately, that the waitress even recognized me.
Hmm... is that a good thing? Ah, hell, why not?!

To follow through with my simple pleasure theme, this restaurant sure is indicative of its name, "The Good Life".





No comments:

Post a Comment