Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Zin, anyone?

I was going to my parents new beach house on Saturday morning for the day. My mom was making barbecued pulled chicken in the crock pot for dinner. I couldn't travel there for dinner without having a bottle of wine in hand.
 
Sure, I could probably have found something in my home to take with me but I wanted something new and that would pair well with dinner. After some research and a trip to the store, I decided to take a chance on a Zinfandel.

The last Zin I tried was on Super Bowl Sunday and it tasted like vomit and I couldn't even fathom smelling it. But I figured I'd try a different one and if it was disgusting then I only wasted $10.  They can't all be bad, right?
 
 
2011 Sterling Vintner's Collection
Central Coast, California
 
 
Aromas of dark berries, plum and damp forest started us off and we were delighted. It was absolutely superb with the bbq pulled chicken. In fact, the smokiness in the bbq brought out the vanilla taste in the Zin and made it very enjoyable.
 
 
My first meal at the new house!
 


If you want a bargain wine that is bigger than a Pinot Noir but not as big as a Merlot, I would highly recommend this Zinfandel.

 
“Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”
― Paulo Coelho



No comments:

Post a Comment