Tuesday, January 8, 2019

My journey with spirit

It's 2019 and what better way to start off the new year than with this type of post?! I know this year I am going to be drawn to helping more people and, in turn, honing my abilities even more and leaning on my intuition greatly. Perhaps, this post will answer a lot of questions that most of you may be scared to ask (yet curious to know) about my journey with spirit.

In the summer of 2010, my boss (at the time) and his best friend went to a spirit medium and I thought they were crazy. He told me everything that happened in their session and how both of his long deceased parents came through with messages for him - relevant messages. I was skeptical but there were things that just couldn't be disregarded or explained. Maybe there was something to this, I thought. So for my birthday that year, I treated myself to a one-hour session with her. What would it hurt? The fact that I could possibly have a chance at hearing from a departed loved one was totally worth the chance and the money spent.

That one medium session changed everything for me that September day. So much so that I treated myself to a session with her every birthday (and a few other times during the year) until 2016 when I moved from Virginia to North Carolina. While each session was incredibly emotional, I still sat in awe every single time of her abilities and of her willingness to share this gift. Each time, was different and I never knew who would show up but I was never disappointed. It may not have been instant but it never took long to determine who was coming through and the support, love and advice "my people" provided was extraordinary.

During this six-year timeframe, I also took her psychic development class and her animal communication class. She thought I would be a natural and while I didn't think there was any way that I could do such a thing, I spent three Saturdays in her office with about six to 10 other people, learning how to connect to the energy of animals and passed humans as well as the art of meditation, the chakra system and overall awareness. As time went on, I gravitated more toward animal communication because I have an undeniable love for animals and that type of energy work was with "living" creatures. I wasn't so sure I wanted to open up the realm of connecting with the "other side" just yet.... or ever.

For about three years now, I have successfully been communicating with animals through a simple photograph. The ability to do such a thing shocked me at first and, honestly, still amazes me with each session I hold. At first, it was learning how to communicate with my best friend, my german shepherd, Prowler. The first time I attempted and it worked really blew me away and after that it became almost a daily thing. Prowler and I had a connection like no other and the energy still remains between us even though he is no longer in physical form. (Here's a link o a previous blog post that explains a little more: https://dennysshotgunriders.blogspot.com/2016/02/animal-communication.html)

While I kept my focus on animals, as time went on, my intuitive abilities started to advance whether I wanted them to or not. I started "feeling" when people were leaving their earthly bodies. At first, I truly thought there was something physically wrong with me and I had a full cardiac workup done due to my family history of heart disease. A very specific type of heart fluttering is how it started and how it continues to this day. I may not always know whose energy is pulsing through me at the exact time but it is typically made perfectly clear within a day or two. Often this feeling occurs at the time of their passing.

I also started sensing things through smell and sound and often times even seeing or knowing that "someone" was present. Whether it was cigarette smoke, a candle burning, the jingle of a dog tag, the shutting of a door, a shadowy blurb floating past or the flickering of lights, I knew "someone" was around. Lucky for me, I could often tune into Prowler and he would shed some insight on those things. In case you didn't know, animals and young kids are very aware - so don't discount when your daughter says she's talking to grandma when grandma passed a few years ago or your dog is staring at an empty chair and tilting his head as if someone is talking to him because that is most likely happening.

Bottom line is, it's all about energy. We are all made of up energy. When we die, we leave our earthly bodies but our souls survive and we just take on a different form of energy. It's pretty fascinating, actually.  We all have this ability - it's just being aware
really. Spirit knows they have an open channel through me and it's easier for them to connect through someone like me for that reason. It takes an equal amount of energy out of me as it does them to communicate.

There are a handful of my spirit people (those friends or family who have passed) who make it very well known that they are with me and then there are others that I'm not so sure who they are. But it's never a frightening thing. For those I know, it is quite comforting and there are certain symbols and signs that have developed so that I know without a doubt who it is (the dragonfly, the sunlight, the moon, a cooper's hawk, a dove) There was one incident that continued for weeks at my old house in Virginia that was really annoying and very disruptive to my and Prowler's daily life. I'm not going to go into it because I have "let it go" and will not welcome that spirit back into my energy field. But that is when I truly learned the art of smudging and made it an annual and then quarterly routine in my life. Smuding truly is a necessary ritual to rid your space of negative, harmful and stale energies. I'll be sure to blog specifically about that soon.

When I moved to North Carolina in September 2016, I was in desperate need of finding a medium and I was at a loss. I had gotten so comfortable with my Virginia medium and had built up a trust with her. Having to start over with someone else would be a challenge especially since I didn't know anyone. Later that year, I found Natalie (https://wisdomwithin.co/) at my hair salon who was performing reiki (highly recommend it by the way) and intuitive work and I had a session. I loved every bit of it and was so relieved to have found an "energy healer" in the Outer Banks. Of course, it wasn't long after that, she moved back to New Hampshire and I was so disappointed. But in the beginning of December 2017, when I was completely broken after losing Prowler and my dad almost a year apart to the day, I turned to Natalie. She recommended one of her students who was new to this field but who would definitely be able to help. That's when things really started to open up for me. Meeting Ilona of Spiritual Giant (https://spiritualgiant.co/) was exactly the push from spirit that I needed.

In June of 2018, my journey truly began and I am really thriving. This journey that I am on is one of enlightenment, self-care, healing of core wounds, recognizing and handling triggers, letting go of that which doesn't serve me, the art of forgiveness, facing my fears and above all, always choosing love.  Not only am I learning techniques and practices to better myself and my temporary life here on this earth, but my spiritual abilities have been heightened and I am in the process of a beautiful transformation.

There is no better feeling than to be able to play a small part in helping others find their truth, to aid them in letting go of something that has held them back for decades, to connect them with their precious dog as he is about to take his last breath or to even give them a message from a loved one who has passed. For when I help them, I truly am helping myself. The trust they must have in me to believe me and to take on such a feat is immeasurable. As an empath, it's not always easy to handle all of my own emotions, much less those that I feel from others, but I am blessed to have these abilities and grateful to those who trust me enough to share their deepest feelings and fears.

A lot of you, if you haven't given up reading by now, are probably thinking, well, it's finally happened. We've lost her. For good this time. First, she starts eating plants. As if that wasn't cuckoo enough, now she's talking to dead people and thinks animals can talk. She talks about the phase of the moon a lot and now she's reading tarot cards so maybe she's even a witch. But she meditates and talks about grounding herself too so maybe she's got some mental issues. If that's what you think, then, yeah, you probably should have stopped reading by now. But if it's not what you are thinking, then you're going to enjoy my blog (and my Facebook posts) this calendar year.  I have so much to share with you and I know that there are plenty of you out there who I am going to reach and help send, in some way, on your own spiritual journey!










No comments:

Post a Comment