Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Something this simple shouldn't be this good!

Sometimes I don't need wine. Shocking statement coming from me? It's true, though.
Some nights, most nights actually, I don't need or feel like drinking wine.
 
Last night, I did feel like something delicious for dinner though.
It had to be simple AND delicious at the same time however.
 
If you love seafood, particularly crabs (blue crabs, not king or snow), then you should enjoy this dish I threw together.
 
Crab and Vodka Sauce Pasta
 

 
Boil some penne pasta (or bowtie or even angel hair would work) according to the directions on the box.

You can make the pasta sauce from scratch, but I wasn't empowered to do so at the time.
Simple, remember?
 
I do love Wegmans Vodka Blush Pasta Sauce though (in the prepared foods aisle) and haven't had it in a while. I just happened to have a container of it in my fridge!
 
For one generous helping (obviously just double the recipe if you want more), pour half of the sauce into a small pan and heat on low for about 8 minutes.
 
Meanwhile, use lump blue crab meat, or if you are really lazy like I was take two Wegmans crabcakes, and lightly sautee it in a skillet in a little bit of olive oil on low heat.
 
Once the crab is warmed up, combine it with the heating pasta sauce and stir. The crab meat will start to break up and blend in with the sauce. (Including some diced tomatoes at this point if you'd like.) Be careful not to burn the sauce; keep it creamy.
 
 
Place the pasta in a bowl, pour the sauce over it and top it with a bit of fresh mozzarella cheese (not the shredded kind - get a block and use the cheese grater so it's fine). The cheese will begin to melt just enough once it hits the pasta.
 


 
I cannot begin to explain how scrumptious this was; perhaps even succulent!
 
Something this simple shouldn't be this good!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment