Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The simplest and most perfect love of all




I could stare into his deep brown chocolate eyes with golden caramel-like edges for days. It's as if he's looking into my soul and touching my heart. No one has ever understood me without ever saying a word like he does.  No one has ever loved me with such unconditional love. He loves me if I'm dressed up. He loves me when I haven't washed my hair for days. He loves me with no makeup on. He loves me in glasses with a ponytail wearing yoga pants and an unmatched oversized sweatshirt.  He loves me when I'm angry and when I want the rest of the world to disappear.



When I'm happy, he's ecstatic. When I'm depressed, he comforts me like no other. When I'm scared he doesn't leave my side.  All he wants is to be with me no matter where we are. He instinctively protects me and his loyalty is unsurpassable.  He trusts me and he wants to please me, yet he doesn't realize that just by breathing and loving me, he makes me the happiest girl alive.


He has made my happiest days happier and my saddest days bearable. He has been there for me during some horrible times in my life - a nightmare divorce, when my ladybug was sick and left this earth, and he knew my mom was sick before anyone else, including my mom. He saved me from the danger of a neighbor's fire. He is a good judge of character and has warded off many potential, yet unworthy suitors.  He loves my cooking and  never complains.





He knows no limits when it comes to love. He holds no hatred in his heart (unless you're a squirrel or a small child on a bike and I don't care for either of those things much either).  He doesn't judge me. He sings to me, sometimes even upon request.










He is my Prowler, my P-face, my P-Man, my monkey butt, my booger, my bubba, my angel face.

He is my child.

He is my heart on four feet.




A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”
Josh Billings







To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring.....it was peace.”
Milan Kundera


























 
“Over the years I've come to appreciate how animals enter our lives prepared to teach and far from being burdened by an inability to speak, they have many different ways to communicate. It is up to us to listen more than hear, to look into more than past.”
Nick Trout, Love Is the Best Medicine: What Two Dogs Taught One Veterinarian about Hope, Humility, and Everyday Miracles










“Plus je vois le homes, plus j’admire les chiens” (The more I see of men, the more I admire dogs).”
Marie-Jeanne Roland de la Platière







 
 
 I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner





 






 

Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.”
Dean Koontz, False Memory








I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that.
W. Dayton Wedgefarth


 

No comments:

Post a Comment