Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thank you, William Hill!

 I had been sick for going on three weeks and just couldn't seem to kick it.  Finally, last weekend, I started feeling human again and everything slowly started to come together.
 
The weather broke and we had a 60 degree day with beautiful sunshine.  I did major spring cleaning in my house. My favorite guy surprised me with a sweet visit that did more good for my heart and soul than he could ever imagine. I even went to the grocery store and actually felt like drinking wine again for the first time in weeks.
 
  Last fall, after picking up a friend from the airport, we stopped at Bonefish Grill in Centreville.  I love sitting at bars, taking in the "local flavor" (community and food!) and just relaxing.  I ordered seafood and wanted a nice Chardonnay to go with it. The William Hill Chardonnay from the North Coast of California looked and sounded appealing from its description on the wine list so I ordered a glass. I was not disappointed! It paired perfectly with the bang bang shrimp appetizer and crab cake entree.
 
As I was walking through Safeway last weekend, I perused the wine section and found William Hill Chardonnay!! It was only $13.60 and there was no doubt it was going home with me.
 

 
This beautiful spring wine has aromas of hay, vanilla, oak, hazelnut, lemon and graham cracker crust. The taste is similar to the smell with dominant lemon, hazelnut and custard. 
While it is a compliment to seafood dishes, I found it also pairs well with a beautiful spring day after a dreadful winter, bountiful sunshine rays and a grateful heart full of love.
 
 
 


 
“Then he kissed her. Betsy didn't believe in letting boys kiss you. She thought it was silly to be letting first this boy and then that one kiss you, when it didn't mean a thing. But it was wonderful when Joe Willard kissed her. And it did mean a thing.”
Maud Hart Lovelace, Betsy and Joe
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment