Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Saved.... just what I needed

Want a wine that pairs well with a surly attitude, a non-stop barking dog and when you just want to hide away from the world and all the people in it?
 Well, that's what I found for today which fit my mood perfectly.
 
2011 Saved
Oakville, California
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few months ago, a friend of mine from work and I did a wine swap. I gave her an Oregon Pinot Noir and she gave me this red blend which I had never heard of but evidently was a top seller at my happy place due to a previous weekend tasting. Obviously, it was a tasting weekend I missed.
Hard to believe, I missed a tasting, right? Yeah, well it happens.
 
In fact, it happened again tonight.
I chose to not attend a free, members only "Meet and Taste" with the winemaker from Arrowood Winery in Sonoma, California. It was one of "those" days at work and I was at my limit with selfish, disrespectful, self-serving, ignorant, incompetent human beings.
 I couldn't imagine being out in society any longer and I surely didn't want to take a chance at my happy place not being a happy place for me. So I chose to stay home, with the love of my life, my german shepherd and hide away at least until I have to go back to work tomorrow.

 
When I arrived at home, I tried to find a bottle of wine that would pair well with my pulled pork BBQ sandwich, olive oil and sea salt fries and most of all, my "nothing can please me" attitude.
 
I saw "Saved" and thought, oh why the hell not!?
 
The deep purple, magenta-colored wine had aromas of chocolate, plum and cedar with some coffee notes.  On the palette, I got black cherry, cocoa, oak and brick.  I was pleasantly surprised at how soft the tannins were in such a powerful, robust red wine.
 
When they called this a "red blend" they weren't kidding!
31% Zinfandel, 23% Carignane, 12% Petit Sirah, 11% Malbec, 9% Petit Verdot, 2% Mixed Blacks, 1% Ruby Cabernet, 1% Syrah
Grapes were sourced from nine different regions in California.
 
There is a whole lot going on right here in this beautiful bottle!



"Saved" wine is a winemaker and artist collaboration. Scott Campbell is one of the most influential tattoo artists in the world and has a tattoo studio in Brooklyn, NY titled, "Saved".  I love NYC and I love how cool this bottle design is so..... after reading that the artist is a tattoo artist in Brooklyn, how could I not find something to love about this wine?
 
 "Saved represents the freedom and sanctuary you get by committing fully to your passions." 
 
I'll end this post with a quote from my idol, Audrey Hepburn.
 
"I don't want to be alone. I just want to be left alone."
 
Thank you, sweet Audrey. You read my mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment