Friday, June 20, 2014

Save the J.Lohr for the last dance


There are some wines I just always have on hand at home becuase I never know when I may be in the mood for one.  Many years ago, the J. Lohr Merlot and the J. Lohr Cab became lucky enough to always be in my home.  At under $12 a bottle at Wegmans on any given day, they are definitely two of my everyday go-to wines.

I had just gotten home from laying my sweet cousin, Bobbie to rest and having lunch with my family in Alexandria.  I sat in traffic for almost two hours on a Friday afternoon. I was solemn, tired and feeling anti-social. Should I have gone to my happy place? Probably but I didn't have any desire to go back out once I got home. Some days are like that.

So I found this beauty in my wine rack and poured myself a glass.
 
2011 Los Osos J. Lohr Merlot
 Paso Robles, California




While I am partial to Merlots from Washington State, I still am fond of this Merlot from Paso Robles. It smells of an abundance of chocolate with plum, pomegrante and dark berries.
The taste has a mellowed-out chocolate with nice rounded dark fruit.
 There's nothing spectacular about this wine which is exactly why it was perfect at this moment.

 
84% Merlot, 11% Malbec, 5% Petit Verdot
Fermented in stainless steel tanks 
and stored for 12 months in American Oak barrels from Missouri forests


 




I also found that this wine pairs well with the movie, "Save the Last Dance".
 
 



 

This movie came out in 2001 and to this day, I still love it. It's not earth-shatteringly dramatic, it's not a classic, it's not a movie that most people would probably even remember or know. But I'm a sucker for a good love story; a forbidden love story even. I love going against the odds and throw in some dance moves and music and it makes it even better!

Julia Stiles and Sean Patrick Thomas have a chemistry that everyone who's ever been in love and wanted to beat the odds will appreciate and embrace.






 
Sometimes I just need to have a glass of wine and be a girly-girl. It doesn't happen often but this wine and this movie were the perfect match for that option.



 
"The first kiss and the first glass of wine are the best.”
― Marty Rubin
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment