Thursday, December 21, 2017

Silk, my A*#!

"Try something new", she says.
"Branch out", she says.

I took my own advice today and bought this bottle of wine for under $10. I can't tell you the last time I bought a wine under $25 so this was a huge stretch for me. Not only was it under $10 but it was at Safeway.

As I was cooking dinner for me and mom tonight, I opened this bottle of Menage a Trois Silk. I am almost embarrassed to say I bought this wine considering what I am used to drinking but, honestly, I'll give anything a chance!

I swirled, I sniffed. Hmmm.. I swirled again...... vigorously.
I inhaled.
Dark plums and lilacs

I sipped. It burned a bit and a tasted a tad bit medicinal and like licorice. Yep, licorice. I hate licorice.
Disappointed.
But.... I left it alone and waited 20 minutes.
Rotten plums rolled in sand and then dipped in Listerine. Yep, that's it.

I feel like I'm a victim of false advertising.
Silk .
Silk makes me think of smooth. Satin sheets. Cashmere. The fur of an alpaca.
Seriously. Have you ever pet an alpaca? Softest, most beautiful fur ever. I want an alpaca and have for years but they cost too much. $22 grand.
Yeah, I know they spit. But only if you make them mad. Don't make them mad.
But I digress.

Silk
Really?
Who came up with this name?
Maybe it's smooth like a newborn baby's bottom. But really, I don't need my wine to taste like a newborn baby's bottom. I like funk. But barnyard funk  -not baby funk. This isn't even funky. Seriously? Silk?

Ok.. hold on Tiny Wine Girl. Make this a learning experience. You've spent $10 on lesser things.

I kept swirling. I kept sipping. I kept cooking.
I turned on the radio.
Old Dominion. One of my favorite bands.
All of a sudden, the wine was tolerable.
I was sipping. I was singing. I was dancing. I was smiling.








No comments:

Post a Comment