Tuesday, November 9, 2021

What do you mean she TALKS to animals?

Yep, that’s me. I talk to animals but it is a lot more than just talking. I listen. I feel. I connect. I have always had a love for animals and would jokingly say that I would rather work amongst them all day than most people (not really a joke). Almost 15 years ago, after completing my “mediumship training”, my teacher suggested I train to be an animal communicator. I was hesitant. Why? Well, for the same reason you are hesitant on believing anything I say or purchasing a session of mine. Because it is unknown or new to you; out of the ordinary for you. Because your ego mind is telling you it’s impossible I can do what I do. There’s no way a human can converse with animals, right? Wrong! But unless you open your mind to it (and anything new for that matter) you will always be wondering and judging and missing out.


Hesitant and with a lot of questions, I told my teacher I would think about it. When her next class opened up a few months later, I thought “oh, why not”? Nothing would make me happier than to be able to communicate with my dog, Prowler, and if that’s all that came out of it, it would be worth it. This all-day interactive training blew me away! For quite a few years (damn ego brain!), I would only communicate with Prowler but it was so incredible in itself and, in hindsight, it was building up my confidence to help others soon enough.


You never forget your first, right? Yep, same for this instance. Spencer, a white standard poodle who lived in Massachusetts with my friend’s (and boss at the time) brother. That session was more than 10 years ago and yet remains so special to me. I will never forget relaying to my friend the details of the session. He replied with a photograph of Spencer with THE exact toy that Spencer showed me. We were both blown away! It was then, at that moment, that I truly believed in myself and my abilities. (Thanks, Phil and Spencer!)


Since then, I have connected with so many animals. All of these have been remotely-meaning I connect to their energy in a meditative state through a photograph. These connections are draining-physically and emotionally. They take an extreme amount of energy and, for that reason, I need to be very careful and cautious. This goes for any connection-card readings, mediumship, animal communication, reiki. Sessions occur quickly though; messages come through quickly and often in a bombarding way. I also must cut the cords to the energy or that connection will not end and draining is not even a sufficient word for what happens then! For this reason, my sessions are either recorded or written down and emailed to the recipient. This way you also get to refer back to it anytime you want. Often, there may be things you cannot validate at the time but days, weeks, months later, you will.  In my training, we gave a classmate a photo of our animal and had to “read” them. The lady who connected with Prowler mentioned something being wrong with his leg in a very precise spot. It was not relevant to me at the time but it soon revealed itself some time later and she was spot on. This is not because she was psychic. It was because she connected to Prowler and he told her and she felt it. Animals often do not show physical signs of pain or discomfort until the disease or problem has manifested for quite a while. They like to be tough guys for us. At the time of the training, I thought this lady has no idea about my dog. I know him better than anyone. Then the tables were turned and I was doing the connections and people didn’t believe me….well, that is until they did…….


Because info comes quickly and because I have to cut the cords of energy connection after each session, I don’t always retain details of past sessions. Clients will come back months or years later and ask if I remember such and such and I do not or they vaguely jog my memory. It is not because I do not care. I just block it out. It’s called setting healthy boundaries. Rest assured, every single animal I connect with has my complete attention and love as if they are my own. Just as people do, animals also have free will. I cannot MAKE an animal come through any more than I can MAKE your loved ones in spirit come through. But in all my years, I have had hesitant loves but never had to refund a session for an animal refusing to connect.


While I may not remember every detail of a session, I don’t forget the animal. I had a cat who, during the session, rubbed up and down the side of my neck at one point. After that 30 minute session, I was doing my cord cutting ritual and my neck was itching so badly and was reddened. I immediately texted the owner and told them. Physical validation right there. I am deathly allergic to cats! With that same idea in mind, just a few years ago, I had the pleasure of connecting to a different cat who was having some health issues and I was able to alert the owner who then brought it up to the vet. Thankfully the vet was open to alternative healing modalities and entertained my feelings which turned out to be valid. I mean, I knew they were, but it’s not always easy for someone to “get it”.  That cat has since transitioned (and I also remotely aided in comfort measures as he made that transition) and has left a major mark on my journey. It was with him that my cat allergy was healed because I never had any physical reaction during my connections with him or with any other cat since.


Then there was the golden retriever whose mom frantically called me asking for my help one day while I was at work. I had never done a connection on demand but I felt compelled to that day and did so on my lunch break. I was able to connect with him as his family was driving to the vet to let him go. He gave me specific and personal goodbye messages for each of the six family members.  He showed me details of one of the daughter’s shirts which was of no relevance to me until his mom told me that was the shirt worn by the daughter whose lap he was laying on the way to the vet.


I am not a vet or a doctor. I am not in the medical profession nor do I give medical advice. But, I will relay to you what I feel with the animal. In a session, the animal makes me feel what they feel-emotionally and physically. I became a reiki practitioner in 2019 with the main purpose of helping animals. I know that threw my class for a loop when I made that announcement! Leave it to me to be different! That doesn’t mean I will not offer reiki healing to people- I have and I will- but animals are my calling.


A recent session that I will leave you with that hit my heart and still remains there is the connection I had with an Old English Bulldog.  He was very detailed in his session and one thing I remember is he told his mom that she would know when it was time (she was very concerned about how she would know). He also gave her his bucket list.  He gave me indicators of how his health was failing and his deep connection with his mom and her little daughter.  A few months later, his mom called me in a panic to tell me he was failing fast and explained how he had told her that morning. I already knew as I felt his labored breathing a few minutes prior to her message. A few hours later, I had the privilege of meeting him in person, providing him reiki and confirming what the doc would say a short time later. This was a very special connection in that he has been the only animal I have both remotely and physically met. I was honored to have hand fed him a hamburger that day……one of his bucket list items.


Having an animal communication session is not only about the animal but it is also about you.  Most people obviously want to know why their animal is acting a certain way or if they are in pain or if they are happy or their past history. What most people do not expect is for their animal to be as wise if not wiser than they are! Just because animals do not talk like humans do does not mean that they cannot communicate and feel emotions. They absorb all that their people are experiencing and feeling.  Animals will take in YOUR emotions and physical ailments and make them their own as a way to help you. When I connect with an animal and relay the info to you, I expect you to follow through with any requests of your animal. My friend and the bulldog? Yeah, she fulfilled every single item on his bucket list!


So many connections over the years. So much trust from the animal. So much love for their person. So many validations of personality. So many messages of comfort and even some of warning. 


So much love for their animals. So much trust in me. So many people who want to understand their animals on a deeper level.


So, yes, I talk to animals. I hear them. I feel them. I love them on an equal and energetic level- a soul level-as one soul to another. We, as humans are not inferior or superior to animals. We are all souls. Your soul chose to inhabit a temporary human body for this lifetime. An animal’s soul chose to inhabit a temporary animal body for this lifetime. We are all energy. We are all souls made of love and light. 







No comments:

Post a Comment